Fundraising Champion Social Media Guide
You can use these sample social media posts to get the word out to your social networks! You can copy and paste or get creative - just make sure to always include your fundraising page link in all of your posts.
- Bronx Community College is participating in BCC Giving Tuesday, a 24-hour giving movement, on Tuesday, December 1, 2020! Join me in supporting Bronx Community College to [OBJECTIVE THAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU]. As a fundraising champion for Bronx Community College, I have my own fundraising page, so check out this link to donate to my personal fundraiser during BCC Giving Tuesday: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- BCC Giving Tuesday is in less than X days away! My goal is to raise $X for [cause of your choosing], but I need YOUR help to get here. Make a long lasting contribution here: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK] No donation is too small.
- TODAY IS THE DAY! I need your help in supporting Bronx Community College so they can continue to help provide and education to students who might otherwise never have the opportunity. I am fundraising for Bronx Community College because [IMPACT BCC HAS HAD ON YOU]. Please consider making a contribution to my fundraising page here: [LINK TO FUNDRAISING PAGE]. Your gift can help shape the future of our students.
- Bronx Community College needs YOU! Join me in supporting their mission to help students succeed!: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- I am fundraising for BCC during BCC Giving Tuesday on Tuesday, December 1, 2020! Check out my page here [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK] to donate and share! Thank you to the donors and supporters that have helped me reach X% of my goal! Help me get to 100% #YourFundraisershashtag: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- Use your own personal photos in addition to those provided in the social media tool kit nto show your support and tell your story, and make sure to use the #hashtags below and any others you want to include in your post!
- Insert the link to your fundraising page in your bio, that way your supporters will be able to navigate to your fundraising page right from Instagram!
Tips & Ideas for Fundraising
Social Media Challenge: Use social media as a way to interact with others close to the cause and to promote your fundraising efforts. Encourage your friends to share your fundraising page - maybe offer to make a $5 donation in the name of anyone who shares your page or their own story (A great way to encourage participation if you were already going to make some donations).
Hashtag Challenges: Hashtags are a great way to engage with your network! Use any hashtags associated with Bronx Community College to promote their positive impact and to share reasons why being a fundraising champion is important to you.
- #BCCGIVINGTUESDAY #CUNYTUESDAY #UNSELFIE #GIVINGTUESDAY #HELPABRONCOGRADUATE #BRONCOPRIDE: Expand the reach of your fundraising page by inserting yourself into the conversation! Your posts will be searchable by anyone looking to be involved in the statewide giving celebration
Utilize the suite of social share image on the BCC Social Media Toolkit to make your fundraising posts stand out on social media.
You can also enhance your own personal photos using free online editing resources like Canva. Personalized graphics will highlight your story to make a greater impact when reaching out to friends and family through email and social media. And including the link to your fundraising page, the BCC"s name, and the BCC Giving Tuesday hashtag on your image will make the graphic an even more powerful tool for fundraising!